Birthday Parties at Barnards Miniature Railway
If you are looking for a change to the usual birthday parties our railway might be just for you.? We are now pleased to offer on the Sundays when the railway is operating the possibility to reserve the picnic area alongside the Burton Shaw station for your childs party.
- The picnic area alongside our Burton Shaw Station reserved for you for 3 Hours.
- Reserved parking and your own entrance to the picnic area.
- Driving Experiences for friends of the birthday boy or girl on our picnic area line.
- A unique Driver Experience for the Birthday Boy or Girl on our main line pulling all his or her friends behind.
- Unlimited rides on the main line for everyone, including adults, on a first come first served basis.. There will usually be two trains running one diesel and one steam.
- Railway themed empty Party Bags for you to fill as you wish.
- BMR specific party invite for you to send out clearly showing where we are.
- Birthday Card for the birthday Boy/Girl signed by the driver and guard.
- Your own co-ordinator for the day.
- Free teas and coffees from the station buffet.
- Free entry tickets for a Barnards Garden Sunday Opening worth £7.50 for every adult and a day pass on the railway for that Sunday for the birthday boy or girl.
We recommend you bring along a picnic for lunch. In good weather lunch can be eaten in the picnic area, in poor weather we can accommodate you in the covered station area although this area is open to the general public.
When Can I Hold My Party?
We can hold your Birthday Party on any Sunday that the railway is open to the public during the year.. To check what Sunday's we are open to the public please see the green entries on the Operating Dates page.
Are the numbers limited?
Yes they are: We can accomodate up to 24 children on a train but they must be accompanied by at least 5 adults. We can accommodate as many adults as you wish but the number of you that can ride the ‘special’ birthday train is limited.
How Much Does It Cost?